WELCOME TO THE WHETMORE GROUP
(Updated FEBRUARY 1, 2018)
PLEASE NOTE: AVATARS MUST BE AT LEAST 90 DAYS OLD TO ENTER OUR SIM
==== MISSION ====
The mission of The Whetmore Group is to provide our members with unique and affordable products related to their preferred Virtual Role Playing Lifestyles.
==== ABOUT US ====
The Whetmore Group is the parent company for the following Brands:
– Satanic Visions
– The Christmas Wonderland Collection
– Creep Christmas
– Horror Animations
Our primary focus is Seasonal Decor items, mainly Halloween and Christmas. However, we also have a small line of Easter items and a moderate collection of Satanic Ritual items.
You can also find our products at our online Marketplace at https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/87267
We incorporate the CasperVend retail system for our product line and most of our products can be viewed by rezzing them on our Holo Vendors. We recommend that you view our products so that you can make an informed decision prior to purchasing.
PLEASE NOTE: MANY OF MY OLDER ITEMS CONTAIN AN UNPACKING SCRIPT THAT IS BUGGED FOR SOME USERS AND THE BOX APPEARS TO BE EMPTY EXCEPT FOR A NOTECARD. REST ASSURED THAT THE ITEM IS IN THE BOX. SIMPLY RIGHT CLICK THE ITEM AND OPEN THE CONTENTS TAB TO EXTRACT THE ITEM INTO YOUR INVENTORY.
==== SEASONAL & CHARITABLE HUNTS ====
The Whetmore Group regularly participates Hunts and invites organizers to contact Farthington Whetmore with invitations and requests. Please Note that WE WILL NOT provide copy/Trans items thus participation in any Hunt requires Farthington Whetmore to place Hunt items.
==== SEASONAL & CHARITABLE FAIRS ====
The Whetmore Group regularly participates Fairs and invites organizers to contact Farthington Whetmore with invitations and requests. We are also willing to provide decor items and decorating services in exchange for brand presentation and rental tier discounts.
==== GROUP MEMBERSHIP ====
THE WHETMORE GROUP members are eligible for a 10% discount on our in-game store product vendors and have limited access our interactive features. Group members spending 1000L$ will be eligible for an additional 10% discount from our vendor purchases meaning that group members would get a 20% discount! L$500 membership fee is required. (Regretfully this his new fee has been implemented as a result of an alarming number of people who had simply joined the group to exploit the discount then quit! The membership discount tier is a reward for your brand loyalty and not an instant perk.)
!!!! To access any Lucky Letter Boards and other interactive elements that may be available, our group tag must be active!!!
Member discount vendors will have two amount options when purchasing an item, group members should select the lower discount price. However, certain vendor may only offer a one button option, so the membership discount will be automatically refunded upon purchase.
==== GIFT CARDS ====
Non TWG members can now purchase Gift Cards for a 5% savings on the card value.
==== LOCATION RULES ====
=== RULES ====
We have a few rules in order to maintain a comfortable and enjoyable atmosphere. Failure to comply with these rules can result in either group or location ejection and or being banned from our premises.
– Age Limit: Access to the SIM requires Avatars to be at least 90 days old
– Script Weight Limit: All members are requested to maintain a script weight that is less then 7.99 MBs.
– Script Amount: All members are requested to carry no more than 200 scripts
– No Particle Effects: Paw Prints, Bling items, Auras, Poofters, etc can create lag and can be an annoyance to others. As such, all particle effects are forbidden to be used on location
– No Nudity
– No Sex / NO CHILD PLAY
– Child Avatars: Child Avatars must be accompanied by a parent.
– Weapons of any kind can only be used in designated areas
– No Music: Do Not play any personal music sounds bytes in the warehouse
– No Oversized Avatars to be worn in the warehouse due to space restrictions
– No Open Mic: Voice permitted but leaving your mic open is not.
– No Begging: Begging for Lindens or Items will not be tolerated.
– No Gesture Spamming
– No Group or Public Chat Spamming
– No Group Chat Advertising: without prior permission from Farthington Whetmore
– No AFK: If anyone is discovered being AKF they run the risk of being ejected and Banned
– PLEASE DO NOT CAMERA VIEW FROM THE LANDING POINT – ALWAYS CLEAR THE WAY
– No Littering meaning do not open and leave item boxes on other people’s land. You may get a SIM ban for that!
– Be respectful and polite towards others while in the location and in the region.
***** By entering our SIM and or joining our groups implies that you have read, understood, and agree to the aforementioned rules. *****
==== SUBSCRIBER GROUP ====
The Whetmore Subscriber Group is our primary means of communicating our News and product Specials. It is also our means of disturbing our Free Gifts. This group can be joined without taken up any spots in the 42 Second Life group cap. However, the subscriber groups does not award the discount on our vendors.
PLEASE NOTE: The following groups are being phased out:
Please go to our new location to join our new group and update your Landmark.
Please “LIKE” our (new) Facebook page as all news, pictures, and updates to our brands will be presented there.
We have other Facebook Pages which will no longer be used:
=== IMPORTANT ===
PLEASE READ THE ITEM PERMISSIONS BEFORE PURCHASING! THERE WILL BE NO RE- DELIVERY FOR “NO COPY” ITEMS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY INVENTORY ISSUES OR LOSE YOUR PRODUCT FOR ANY REASON. SOME PRODUCTS HAVE “COPY” VERSIONS SO CONSIDER THIS OPTION TO AVOID ANY PROBLEMS.
PLEASE NOTE: None of our product boxes arrive empty! If for some reason the “Deliver Content” script* doesn’t work or your box only unpacks a note card, Right Click the box, select Open then Copy To Inventory.
*A few customers experienced issues with this script that was added to some products; it has since been discontinued and all new boxes are now set to the default option of “Touch To Open”
PLEASE NOTE: ALL TERMS & CONDITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTIFICATION